Wednesday, September 7, 2011

GUEST POST - DESIGN SHUFFLE by SUSI

Hi, everyone, I'm Susi and I write as a guest blogger for DesignShuffle.com, a popular social media site that promotes interior designers and their work from around the world. My writing focuses on things I'm passionate about: interior design, decorating ideas, home furnishings, gardening, travel and art. I get to look at gorgeous things all day and write about them. I'm a very lucky girl!

I am excited to be visiting Drastic Plastic today to talk about contrast as a fun design element. Contrast can include color, texture, style... as long as there is some opposition, you'll have contrast. Here are 8 rooms where contrast is used as a design element. Thanks for letting me and Design Shuffle visit! Hope you enjoy!
DecorPad via
Black and white create a strong contrast in this neo-traditional living room. Love the black sides and tan seat on the wingback chair. The cowhide rug adds more black and white contrast to the room.
Rue Mag via
Black walls and white accents flip the black and white concept from the room above. Yellow candlesticks provide a nice contrast to both the black and white.
Home Bunch via
Gray and yellow are a great pair of contrasting colors. The dark, moody gray offsets and balances the sunny, bright yellow to create a sophisticated palette.
Cococozy via
White with bold pops of color is a crisp look full of contrast. Love the bold orange stripes on the high headboards and the corresponding orange cross in the artwork.
Home Bunch via
White grout used with black tile creates a high contrast look in the kitchen. The white grout acts almost like piping on furniture. Love the marble floor too. Oh, so many kitchen design ideas here!
Home Bunch via
A Mallorca, Spain cottage bathroom shows off contrasting styles and textures. Contemporary meets farmhouse in this bathroom. Rough stone farmhouse walls contrast against sleek contemporary faucets and sinks.
Pinterest via
A sleek Parsons table contrasts in style with the French dining chairs and traditional blue and white porcelain ginger jar. This eclectic mix is pulled together in a crisp blue and white palette.
Pinterest via
In a contrast of interior design styles, a traditional room with herringbone wood floors and crown molding contrasts with the modern furnishings and contemporary wall paint to create an eclectic, chic room. Love the navy and pink on the walls.
Come check out the work of top interior designers from Los Angeles interior designers to New York interior designers and more!

33 comments:

  1. In love for the first pics! I love the colors and i adore
    the elegance of that lamp!
    My dear, to refers at my last post... i think that sometimes we think about the same things.. and we write about them in our blogs!
    Have a nice day...

    The Parisienne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post, the first picture its so beautiful :)
    love the gold details :)

    Santi
    santiroyalhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for your comment! you are so sweet!
    see my all post and my next pos on tendences,fahion, and italian style!
    sure i follow you, and i wait for your following me on google friend connect, and facebook, and twitter.
    Ok?
    kisses kisses
    have a nice day
    Miriamstella

    http://isfashionmypassion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the black accents! Perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post - very cool interiors indeed.
    AX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Interior Design,my favorites are the grey/yellow living room and the kitchen. Great Post Teresa,thanks for comment in my blog!! www.stylepicture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful, i love the kitchen <3

    Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post :)

    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blog Award:
    http://kikisbookofdreams.blogspot.com/2011/09/sunshine-award.html
    xoxo Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, great post. i like these pictures. the bathroom is so naturally, def like! i'll visit your blog. :)
    wish you all a wonderful day!
    maren anita

    www.fashion-meets-art.blogspot.com

    please check out my new post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these deco tips. Makes me get up and start moving furniture :D

    Sara Alves Corceiro
    movmoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need the lamp in the first pic. Love that detail on the post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in love with the bathroom. So cool.
    xo
    alexa
    www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, love all of the images. The yellow bedroom is soooo cool!

    xoxo

    Check out my latest post please, if you can :))

    http://ashleighduncan.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-skool-navajo-betsey-johnson.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tereza,
    Lovely places!
    Have a dreamed night.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. in love with these interiors! thanks for the inspiration :)

    join my ongoing giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love white bedroom with orange pillows - it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Susi :)
    I have white bedroom and I was thinking how to make it more lively.. I think that orange will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Miriam Stella
    Thank you so much sweetie, you are very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @karin
    Thank you so much Karin, I'm really happy that you like it :).

    ReplyDelete
  21. very super rooms!! :)


    I take part in competition for the best look to school. I will be very happy and so grateful if You could click LIKE IT here:

    http://www.edusiec.pl/Julia

    The button is under my photo :))

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that bathroom with the wall in stone! so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love the bathroom deco photo i want one like this too!!

    kisses <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! I love! I have a new passion for interior design so this is amazing!

    http://insidetheglamour.blogspot.com/



    XO Kayla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much, you know I appreciate every message.