Monday, October 17, 2011

GUEST POST - MOMOGRAPHICA


It's Monday and I have a something really cool for you - a guest post by one of my sponsors Barbara from Momograhica. Enjoy cuz she is really a talented artisit and her writing is really cool!

Hello friends,
I was offered to borrow a bit of space as a guest writer on the always dynamic Drastic Plastic and here I am, with mug of hot milk on my left and a never-ending list of notes on how I should introduce myself here properly. I am nervous and I am very sure I am going to fail to be interesting. Be brave.
I am Barbara, an Italy-based graphic designer, photographer and blogger that sometimes works as curator for Art and Design events. Few months ago I decided to take the gamble and open my own atelier, which I called Momographica. It specializes in still life and fine art photography, with the addition of some conceptual and fantasy portrait.
I build my creativity trough everyday experiences, looking deeply into details and stories. My approach to life is a deep admiration for everything around me, the places I visit, the books I read, the things I learn while getting connected to other people. I often visit vintage markets and museums to find inspiration. Everything can be inspiring, from every little detail a  unique story is born.
My piece of advice for the day is: be creative. Be honest. Be curious. Be communicative. Be an adult but at the same time take care of your inner child. Don't ever give up. Work hard and don't be impatient to reach results. Patience is a virtue that is twin soul with a successful life.






photos via momographica

38 comments:

  1. She sounds cool.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Barbara you are very talented! I am from Italy too!! Tereza thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool stuff Barbara - thanks for sharing with us Tereza,
    happy Monday
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barbara! Can you explain why it's called Momographica? Nice post, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tereza: Thank you very much for this kind post :)

    PAPS: I am very thankful.

    Francesca: Thank you Francesca, for your kind comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you generally to everybody who is leaving a message here!

    Nicia: your question is interesting.
    The origin of my blog (and atelier) name shares a long story and I should definitely bring it to light but since it's really that long I will dedicate a post to it on my blog within days :) Thank you so much for suggesting! (I am not really trying to be mysterious here, is really that's long!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oi Tereza,
    Nice post and beutiful pics.
    Have a lovely week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your advice for the day, Tereza. And the second October-y image. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing pics, I love these flowers!

    makingfashionnotwar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute- love the flowers
    xx the cookies
    share the feeling
    visit <3
    http://samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com/2011/10/we-are.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice set of photos!
    have a great day!


    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely pictures!!! i loove it! soo like the first one!!! kisses!!!

    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com

    ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY! WIN A SATCHEL AND FABULOUS ACCESSORIES! HERE'S THE LINK--> http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-october-international.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyved your post, Barbara. What I like the most is your opinion about inspiration: It's just the same as mine. You need to really LIVE every moment of your life and see little things amongst bigger things also.

    www.antoniaivana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing pics!

    You have a great blog, love it!

    thanks for you comment in my blog Ii follow you and hope you can follow me too!

    http://onyxay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tereza! Sorry! I forgot you followed me... hehe :D

    a big big kiss and sorry again :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Barbara, your post is so inspiring. I copied your advice for the day to my computer - this is how much I liked it!
    Tereza, thank you for your wonderful comments earlier today - it means a lot to me!
    hugs from New York,
    xx
    Ask Erena
    http://askerena.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love guest posts! I've been trying to do them with other bloggers.

    Thanks for visiting my blog! :o)

    -Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice pictures!!! sooo love it!!! kissess!!!

    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com

    ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY! WIN A SATCHEL AND FABULOUS ACCESSORIES! HERE'S THE LINK--> http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-october-international.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful photos! Fun to read the interview by the way! :-)
    Elina

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVe the one of the birdscage filled with feathers. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Francesca R
    Oh, my pleasure Francesca, happy you like Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Nícia
    Nicia, look at Barbara's blog, she has a post for you :).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful photos!
    Love these effects on them.


    Marcela
    www.AcheieComprei.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Antonia-Ivana I am really glad to find some kindred spirits :) I do completely agree with you on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Ask Erena Hello Erena, I am really honoured you did! That's really nice of you and makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. And a big THANKS to everyone who commented my works and post. I am really thankful :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow! these are pretty, cute and beautiful items from Barbara... she gives positive energies through this post. Thanks both for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tereza this is amazing and wow what a talent. Thx for sharing.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for the comment on my blog doll!
    I am following you now and looking forward to your posts. Feel free to follow me back if you'd like :)

    http://littlemissfashionista-adrilucia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. @madrassi Thank you very much for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much, you know I appreciate every message.