Tuesday, December 6, 2011

GUEST POST - DIY HOLIDAY TABLE SETTING


Do you remember Femi from Breakfast at Fayme's?  I hope you already visited and followed her blog, because she is full of amazing ideas and her style is impeccable. That is why today she is my guest post. Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I mentioned in my previous guest post for Drastic Plastic I love crafting. Besides DIY’s I love entertaining. In the spirit of upcoming holidays I created a laid back, yet festive table setting with a few DIY’s.


First off I started by making a table runner. I discovered that this is one of the easiest things ever to sew. I used a light canvas fabric (use this for hand-cut napkins as well). I find it gives a natural and laid-back feel. Combining this with a sparkly ribbon and you’ve got a good balance between laidback and glam.


Instead of using name tags, make your own personalized wine glass markers that you tie around the stem of the wine/champagne glass. It has a double purpose; wine marker/name place setting.



As a centerpiece use tiny ever greens in terracotta pots. You’ll be able to plant these in your yard after the holidays and enjoy them all year round. As for the lights, I custom made the lights and I am planning on leaving them hanging. It gives a very nice atmosphere.
Finally add some candles, Et Voila!! Your festive, yet laid back table setting is ready to welcome your guests! Hope you enjoyed my DIY guest post, for more inspiration visit my website or follow me on Twitter @FemiMeaux. Happy holidays!! XO


I hope you enjoyed my holiday guest post.

---------------------------------
xoxo tereza
---------------------------------

29 comments:

  1. these are some really great DIYs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome diy, indeed! this post makes me feel so festive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute and Christmassy - well done you, and thanks for sharing,
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! Great tips! I want to try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these diy ideas! you need so little to create something unique and beautiful for your home. and Xmas is one of the period of the year where I would decorate even the bathroom with candels, lights, and so on ;-)

    Love, Ylenia | Longuette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely table set!!! ... and easy!
    Havea cool day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. inspiring post
    thanks for sharing

    following you now

    hope we can follow each other.
    kisses
    www.myjiglyciouslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great ideas for the holidays! Lovely guest post)

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  9. that table looks fabulous! I love a beautiful xmas table :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi interesting post. I love laying Christmas table
    If you want some ideas for Christmas Gifts, please visit my blog.
    Frances www.theafternoontea.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful,beautiful,beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing this with us. The bells decoration is something I want to try out for sure!
    I'll follow you, I look forward getting more and more inspired by your beautiful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great DIY project! can't wait to try it

    xoxo
    P&P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great and simple ideas that can change so much..!

    Marcela
    www.AcheieComprei.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a cute little DIY project for the holidays!

    love it!

    xoxo,
    lindsey

    http://bowsandarrowblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing tips!!!
    Perfect for Xmas table!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like DIY.
    It looks so nice and cosy in the pictures!
    hugs, Nikki <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! :)

    www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful table setting :) Absolutely stunning!

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, I love candles and lights!

    ReplyDelete
  20. it's a lovely table you have decorated! so good you can make it by your own. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great tips for decorating table, I liked the strings on napkins

    ReplyDelete
  22. WoW these are amazing DIY projects specially to put in use right now for the holidays.

    Thanks for sharing girl.

    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much, you know I appreciate every message.