Monday, January 16, 2012

GUEST POST - HOME MADE SURVIVAL GUIDE FOR NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS LISTS


Barbara from Momographica is here today. Enjoy her post!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Year resolutions had once been my own personal boogeyman. During my school years I obsessively kept a notebook where I used to write never-ending lists of what I was looking forward to change about myself and going to accomplish for that specific year. A December later I usually ended up feeling moody and discontent when I realized that I wasn't able to accomplish the half of what I put in that dramatic list, feeling like a failed Wonder Woman for the sake of the "I will never be good enough teenager" that is in everyone us once {or constantly} in a life. In a way, it had been an important teenage trauma.

When I became an adult, my life got busier and especially more independent. I started to understand that my mistake had been looking forward accomplishing an impossible tasks list which length could rival the Great Wall of China, instead of appreciating the importance of everyday life little achievements that, step by step, drew me closer to the few goals I really cared about.

After that, I nourished a proof against method: with a colored paper, usually some relaxing pastel color, because it puts me in a happy mood and a pen I feel comfortable with making a list of ten things I want to accomplish for the new year. Then, from the list, I choose three things I REALLY want to accomplish for that year and I put them on the top of the list. Those three are my New Year resolutions. When I accomplished them and only then I take out of the hat number four, five, six, seven, up to ten and take care of what I am missing from the original list.

My target is to know that, when I'll look back next December to my list, I'll be proud of myself because I had been able to accomplish new three important goals in my own life. I'll love myself a bit more and I will have gained a bit of new self confidence. Try this. It's total counter-indication free.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed Barbara's post, I sure did, and I learned something new today!  

by Tereza

33 comments:

  1. Thats a really smart way to achieve the goals in an year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck then in accomplishing your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it, and hope to must reading your notes.

    Congratulations for your work

    Besitos popfilácticos

    http://popfilaxis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post,love the little book,it´s so cute.
    xoxo Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. That`s actually some great advice, though I myself don`t usually make any NY resolutions. Though this year I only have one, and it`s kind of a joke really - to stay single for the whole year. I`m just fed up with dating and want to dedicate this year to myself only) Shouldn`t be too hard to do!

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting this Tereza.
    And thank you everybody else for leaving a comment. I was unsure my little personal speech would turn interesting and helpful,but if it does,all the better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is cool! I am done with New Year's resolutions. For the past couple of years I've been writing down a "priority list" and has really allowed me to stay focused and check off things as they're accomplished. If I can't check it off, it doesn't get done, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is important to list your own goals, but they should be possible.
    I loved your method, I haven't done my resolutions, believes?

    great post,

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post!
    hugs from New York,
    xx
    Ask Erena
    http://askerena.blogspot.com/
    http://exoticaccessoriesboutiqueshop.blogspot.com/
    P.S. See what is new in my shop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comment on my blog!
    I like your idea, just three possible ressolutions ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great. I wish I was so disciplined.
    www.thoughtofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi..!!

    Great post...!!
    Nice blog..!

    Follow each other??
    Kiss Kiss
    Ely. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. New Year's Resolutions are everybody's Mt. Everest -- Impossible! :) Good for you for getting organized.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  14. hope you achive all your goals darling! take care
    xx,B

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's what I call a GREAT idea, so true! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved this guest post! What great advice! It always seems like a mountain when I try to accomplish too much, so this is a great idea.

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  17. great advice!

    Xo
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello there sweetie! Thanks for the lovely comment over my blog, it means a lot to me!
    Smart and great ideas!
    Hope to hear again from you!

    Hope you're having a great evening!
    http://kikisbookofdreams.blogspot.com/

    My cooking blog, support me:
    http://kikiscookingtime.blogspot.com/

    xoxo Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Tereza
    I have a Versatile Blogger award for you on my link:
    http://frumpytofunky.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-bloggers-award.html

    Hope you like it
    frumpytofunky xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely post :) I totally agree about pacing yourself abd paying atention to the little things that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great strategy. I really need to put my goals on paper.

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great guest post! I love the idea of accomplishing goals step by step, first the main three and afterwards the rest!:)
    xoxo

    Jelena
    glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a great way to put things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely notebook! And a great way to accomplishing your goals :)Good luck!

    xoxo, Femke On the Button

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That notebook was a Christmas present from a lovely friend :)
      That brand is doing great in Italy now! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much, you know I appreciate every message.