Wednesday, January 4, 2012

GUEST POST - NEW YEARS RESOLUTION by FEMI



My first guest post of the year goes to Femi from Breakfast at Faymes's, I'm sure you know her by now and I hope you started following her, cuz' she is worth it. Enjoy it sweethearts!!!


First of all, I wish everybody an awesome New Year filled with all that is pleasant and I would like to thank Tereza for having me write another guest post. Secondly, welcome to my creative space where I blog, make DIY’s, sew and study. For the New Year I think it’s nice to have a fresh clean organized start. If "being organized" happens to be one of your new years resolutions, you’re in luck. I will share some tips on how to keep your space neat and organized. This way it is easy to start on new projects. 


Keep a binder with cut outs of magazines that inspire you or things that you would love to own or make.


If you use clear boxes, it’s easy to see which one you need when you’re looking for something. I used a kitchen caddy to store my sewing machine underneath my desk, I simply roll it out and set it up when needed.





All in all it’s small, but cozy and organized well, everything fits in its own spot. I share this recreation room with my boyfriend. We made the floating desk custom and even though my side is all pink and girly, believe it or not the opposite side of this wall is black & white, leather and all masculine. So this is my space, thanks for stopping by.
PS: for the skinny shelves and the clear storage boxes check out Ikea

I hope you enjoyed Femi's post.

by Tereza

37 comments:

  1. I like this post so much! Have to get some clear jars for my own bits and pieces) perfect post for the new year!

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tips, wish I was that organised! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont normally do new year's resolution but this is inspiring! happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tereza,
    I liked to know Femi. Her homeoffice is great!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great tips!!
    Would definitely help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those cable labels, such a good idea! off to visit her :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow so tidy, labeling the wires is so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great organisation! The cable labels are very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great space! all this month i will share my organizing tips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All are great ideas! I wish I had a bigger workspace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely blog. It is true that it is easier to work in a clean and organized space.
    http://www.fashionmechic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. great tips for organization! def on top of my list this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And the award for best organisation skills goes too...
    Wow, are you tidy! I'm beginning to become obsessed with tidying, but just not organising. Will have to take some tips from you!

    A very happy New year to you!

    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there sweetie! Thanks for the lovely comment over my blog, it means a lot to me! Wish you the best year so far! :D
    Awesome post! Label the cable, clever idea!
    Hope to hear again from you!

    Hope you're having a great evening!
    http://kikisbookofdreams.blogspot.com/

    My cooking blog, support me:
    http://kikiscookingtime.blogspot.com/

    xoxo Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow,that's seems cool!the labels are stunning xD

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this post, im sooo stealing the binder for your mag clippings idea! No more folders falling down scattering my clippings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a brilliant ideas! i always get confuse with my cables... name the cables, i wouldnt never think of that. thank for share it :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved the idea about labeling your cables :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely looooved the idea of labelling the cables!! I always have such a mess with all the lamps, cellphone and camera battery charger cables!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how organized everything is. I always go on a big reorganization binge around this time of year, and I found this very inspiring.

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  21. i also made some promises for the upcoming 2012 year, first is to clean and organized my crafting and working space. now you gave me some good examples and great ideas. Keep fingers crossed.
    Happy New Year.
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE Femi's post - such great ideas:)
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am quite well organised myself but I havent though ot the cable signed, that's pure genius!!!
    and with the all things in the right place and easy to find, your life will be much stress-free.
    anche think about the time you can save....


    Love, Ylenia | Longuette

    ReplyDelete
  24. p.s. did I wish you Happy New Year??????

    hope you'll have a year full of art, fashion and travel!!! and if you come to Milan, give me a shout!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love femi´s post, amazing ideas.

    Kisses Alexandra,

    http://lessformore-ideas.blogspot.com/
    http://arbyalexandrarebelo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. AWE! AWESOME POST ! it helped me a lot ! im a mess sometimes lol!

    - The Trendy machine

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great post! I like the idea of putting the sewing machine on wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OOOH labelling the cable is such a simple but genious sollution, why didn't i think of it?? LOL thank you!

    Hey would come check out my blog? Maybe you'll like it and start following me? I promise to return the favour! xoxox

    www.tiesofaffection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow! everything looks so neat! love this creative area ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I try to be organised but it's not always easy...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much, you know I appreciate every message.