Monday, February 20, 2012

MUSIC by NAIMAH


Hi everyone! My name is Naimah, I'm the designer of DMae clothing and I blog at its dmae clothing. Tereza asked that I share a few musical jems with you all! Here are just a few bands I'm currently LOVING.
Ingrid Michaelson, I beleive the first time I heard her voice was in an ad for Old Navy, I immediately needed to know who this amazing voice belonged to an googled every which way I could the combination of "old navy + music + sweater + commercial" until I found what I needed. Since then, I've watched her PBS special as often as possible, and when I need inspiration I listen to The Chain for hours on end. I love this version due to a girl from the crowd being able to sing a part of the song ... which is pretty hard!! Ingrid's latest album, Human Again was released 1.24.12 and can be purchased here.



Another great musician is Kate McGill is someone I noticed on YouTube via a cover of hers. Her covers are great, her voice is bigger than she is, and her originals are stunning as well. I love that, a booming, soulful voice from an unexpected source. Here is one of my favorite covers of hers.


Here's a lady who's music I fell for 10 seconds into the song listed below Katie Costello has the voice of an angel, and the music she builds he songs upon is just as heavenly. I've created a Pandora station based just upon hearing this particular song. Clearly I love what she's doing.


Lastly a young lady near and dear to my heart, Robin Gazzara I've had the pleasure of watching her grow into this fabulous woman, and more importantly into her talent. She's gone from  singing quietly in her room to opening for some pretty popular local talent, and is the current face of DMae Clothing!!  She's funny, has the biggest heart, and and even greater spirit. I'm lucky to have her in my life.

I hope that you've enjoyed the music I've shared with you and hope to see you soon at its dmae clothing.
<3 Naimah

24 comments:

  1. One thing I notice they are all good looking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto chrisAir!! :)
    Nice post
    New post- The Big Fat Indian Wedding~Part II is up! :)

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post! thank you for sharing them! I'll listen to them now :)
    check out my new post xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are lots of apps to help you find the name of music if you have a smart phone, like the Shazam app.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will check these out - they sound interesting :)
    Happy monday
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'll have to check these chicks out! i post about music too... on sundays. they're called Music Sundays ;)

    xxo, vanessa (the gal)

    http://fashiongalfireman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting picks - never heard of any of them to be honest)

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the first pic - nerde <3

    XX the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE Kate McGill-brilliant choice! Her EP is class X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much everyone! I'm glad you like the post! I'll be doing more over at http://www.itsdmaeclothing.com soon. Hope to see you there.

    ~Naimah of Dmae Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey thanks I followed you back :] Love your blog! ~Sarah
    http://somelikeitsimple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there sweetie! Thanks for the lovely comment over my blog, it means a lot to me!
    Great post, love the first pic!
    Hope to hear again from you!

    Hope you're having a great evening!
    http://kikisbookofdreams.blogspot.com/

    My cooking blog, support me:
    http://kikiscookingtime.blogspot.com/

    xoxo Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love discovering new music :) Lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cool post!
    hugs from New York,
    xx
    Ask Erena
    http://askerena.blogspot.com/
    http://eabshop.blogspot.com/
    P.S. See what is new in my shop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing! Will have to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like these kind of posts! I'm going to check the music suggestions :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank u for introducing us the new music talents!!!:)
    kisses

    Jelena
    glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Comment: Every time I read "Drastic Plastic" -in my mind- I start singing like:

    Drastic Plastic, It's Fantastic.. oh-oh-oh-oh, come on barbie, let's go party (8).. uoo uoo...(8)

    EVERY TIMEEEEEEE jajajaja :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing and for introducing us the mew music,

    Kisses, Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  20. Como é bom receber e dar comentarios e elogios que fazem com que os olhos de pessoas especias como voce brilhem por saber que naquilo que ela fez valeu o esforço de passara horas e horas a revelar parte de si daquilo que diria eu na simpliscidade e na magestade de uma mulher com com sua força e na sua corage expoe de uma forma carismatica e real os seus mais puros sentimentos daquilo que fala e daquilo que diz......bj linda....
    convido-a a fazer parte do meu blog....quero dizer agora seu....http://www.uanderesuascronicas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much, you know I appreciate every message.