Wednesday, March 21, 2012

IT'S A MAGAZINE WORLD by BARBARA


Today's post is brought to you by Barbara from Momographica; being a photographer, she is inspired by different mediums and now she want's to share the magazines that she loves.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Is there a magazine that you find particularly inspiring? My workplace's bookcase displays a quite large collection of magazines in several languages that I have been collecting for creative inspiration. I enjoy very much going through them, photocopying what I like, cut it our and stick it to my mood board diary. I recently discovered a guilty pleasure in Asian fashion and design magazines, such as Papier or Little Thing, which are really unique in the genre and a very good reference for creative fashion photo shoots. I listed my best magazines of the moment and hopefully you will find some inspiration.


Bloom - this pricy French magazine by Lidewij Edelkoort is a breathtaking showcase of artists and designers collaborations featuring flowers. Photography, illustration,crafting, you can find almost everything in there.


Creative Reviews - this English magazine is  a very good reading if you want to know what's going on in the art and design market. Typography, graphic design, advertising and so much more. 


Little Thing - they collect beautiful things or so they say in their website. China-based magazine about fashion, cute things, paper-craft,everything really unique. Vintage lovers will be delighted.


Lula - my ever favorite magazine. London-based LULA is a fashion magazine with a touch of vintage and nostalgia. Photos, photos and photos; everything is breathtaking.


Papier - a Japanese fashion magazine about the Mori Girl subculture. There is some interesting fashion inspiration as well as fashion photography. Zakka is the word.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorite ones are LULA and Creative Review, I own a few :), most of the magazines that I own are with street art and extreme sports :). 
by Tereza

28 comments:

  1. Creative Reviews a very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool mini review of these magazines! I never heard of most so it's neat to learn about them!

    Thanks for sharing! I'm quite intrigued by Mori fashion! It's so simple and beautiful, I have always enjoyed looking at photos but I am too chicken to ever attempt it! It looks much too difficult for me :)

    Please check out my giveaway: $25 gift certifate to ClubCouture.cc! Thanks!
    - Josie :: http://8bitgrayscale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this post...Lula wake up my interest, have to take a look at that magazine, you know I love photos ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tereza,
    I like to know the Barbara's tactics, because I have several magazines of different countries here, next to my PC and use as a source of inspiration for the blog.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading magazines!My favourites are Glamour and Cosmopolitan...
    xoxo
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lula is definitely my favourite.. along with 'i love you magazine' :) great post x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pictures dear... :) the first one is surely breathtaking! :)

    Thanks for your sweet comment :)
    Maybe you have time to read my new post <3

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing tips. I knew all but never found in Brazil :/

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a Little Thing reader.
    You are right, I am also a vintage lover!

    xx Sophie
    http://navysophie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing these amazing magazines, a good discover !

    kisses, Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the title, 'Bloom.' Two magazines I enjoyed went out of print far too quickly. They were, 'Breathe' and 'Guava.'

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore all photos.
    I am on my to check out these stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been trying to get a copy of lula like forever! I need to read that mag!

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a perfect post! I love these magazines and I can`t believe momographica was your guest)

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  15. i don't have a favorite one, i just read a bunch of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. such pretty reading ;)
    i should check into a few of these magazines




    www.shevahh.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really liked those photos! I never read Lula because I never found where to buy it here in Portugal but I would love to :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing! I love finding new inspiration (:

    http://www.menacherieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never heard about these magazines but I like the way they are described!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Bloglovin'
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! great suggestions!
    I am sooooo buying a few of them (if I can find them) this weekend!
    Good night sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Although I'm a self-proclaimed fashionista....I actually LOVE home improvement magazines like 'Traditional Home' and cooking magazines like Food Network's brand. I get so inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I haven't seen these magazines but the photographs are amazing!

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Papier is very interesting, title sound like a polish word (meaning paper of course). Thank you so much for reading my report (I knew it was too long ;) Means so much to me!! <3 Pola

    ReplyDelete
  24. thx for your sweet comment follow you now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I enjoyed this post. It's nice to read a bit about different magazines.

    www.antoniaivana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much, you know I appreciate every message.