Monday, May 14, 2012

I AM A FOREST GIRL


Not sure how much you are into Japanese culture and contemporary Japanese fashion trends but there is just one Japanese fashion subculture I happen to love madly. Emerged in Japan in 2007, it's called Mori Girl (forest girl) and its style concept is inspired by the idea of a girl who looks like she is living into a forest. Natural and earthy colors combined with vintage clothes, pocket watches and things that looks right out from your grandma's attic, create a personal look who goes well with the girl who enjoys books, tea cups and generally a peaceful, quiet and nature loving life. It's a sweet, natural idea of how a girl should be.

Useful Mori Girl resources for Drastic Plastic readers:
How to be a Mori Girl: a detailed guide on how a Mori Girl should dress up.
Mori Girl: a delightful tumblr blog with tons of Mori Girl inspirations.
Oh Yeah! Mori Girl: another well-done tumblr blog with loads of pictures and information.
Dark Mori Girl: for the little goth who is in every one of us. 





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to admit that I haven't heard about mori girls until now, so thank you Barbara  for introducing me to something new.

by Tereza

37 comments:

  1. How beautiful is the picture with that girl wearing the hat and the maxi skirt?!It is perfect!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks cute, I love her casual style with maxi skirts and draping material :)

    www.coffeecreamandthecaffeine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mori girl style, that's so cute, and this skirts are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kinda boho chic no? I love :)

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I love these skirts and dresses! So pretty and bohemian.




    www.trustme-itsparadise.blogspot.com
    www.renegadeloverrr.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wooowww yes i totally get you!
    the first picture is so stunning! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the Japanese culture....especially their fashion sense. But Harajuku style will always be my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting! This is the first I've heard this. Very Bohemian! Those skirts are especially worth eyeing! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely photos!


    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  10. such fantastic photos- inspiring to say the least!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the entire outfit in the second pic. The handbag is a little much but maybe you need that if you are a mori girl. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for highlighting this style, its super cute! I had never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, you've got a cool blog! :)

    hugs
    http://mollyeeb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! This is gorgeous! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! It is very bohemian with a twist!


    Emily
    eageremily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, beautiful post! so inspiring!

    http://style-xyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I HAVE to look into this! I'm obsessed with forest scenery and the magic surrounding it. Thanks for sharing!

    www.tallblondeartist.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. They have a very different and sometimes unique sense of style but they sure do know how to pull them off.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great looks, love them all!


    http://placequotehere.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do love this forest girl fashion trend! Very lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i didn't know about that. but i love that last photo.
    so nice outfit.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful images!
    very inspiring~
    i'm definitely going to look at Mori girls :)

    Pinkbow Icecream

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really nice and inspiring pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a cool concept, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are amazing, fabulous photos!
    xx


    http://confettifashionblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous maxi skirts...I have become quite the maxi skirt fan myself!

    xx
    Couture Caddy

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh my, thanks for the links. im so inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love this stuff!!! great links too!

    xx, Vanessa

    http://fashiongalfireman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. so pretty!!! i love the first photo!


    kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow this sounds like just my style! I mean I`m a nature lover all the way (as you probably know). Thank you for all the links, so many pretty images...

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well I guess its really true, one does learn something new everyday!
    Even if its little things like this!!!! I had never heard of this subculture, but it definitely looks nice! I would personally go for a more bohemian look but this works great too!!!!


    Stay awesome,
    Mafey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much, you know I appreciate every message.