Wednesday, June 6, 2012

HOW TO LOOK GOOD FOR THOSE SPECIAL OCCASIONS


With summer on its way and the sun beginning to emerge from behind those grey winter clouds, the time for summer parties, weddings, cocktails and birthdays is nearly upon us. Summer brings out the best in people. It’s accompanied by weather which allows everyone to strip of their suffocating winter gear, and hop into light and breezy summer outfits.
With both a change of wardrobe and an increasing number of special social occasions to attend, summer is the time of year when you really want to look your best. In order to get you through the trials and tribulations of preparing for a summer party, we’ve compiled this helpful guide.

Be particular about your dress
Choosing the right dress for a special occasion can be the most stressful aspect of your preparations. The most important thing to consider is that your dress fits you properly. You could be wearing the most delicate of materials, with an incredibly fashionable floral print, but if your dress just doesn’t fit you right, you won’t look your best.
Check out the Littlewoods range of occasion dresses, available online, for some inspiration. Your best bet is to find a dress that looks as if it may have been designed to fit your particular body shape.

Be reserved with make up
You may feel that you need a lot of make up in the winter – you’re feeling cold, under the weather and a little miserable – but it’s a different matter entirely during the summer months. Don’t try and cake on the make up. Be a little reserved instead and let that natural summer glow shine through.
Instead of worrying whether your make up has smudged over the evening, let your own radiance shine through and go as natural as you feel comfortable with. A delicate application of eyeliner on a bare face can really bring out your eyes whilst leaving those sun-kissed cheeks glowing.

Make sure you’re comfortable in what you wear
These special occasions are meant for you to enjoy yourself. You don’t want to be strapped into a dress that is unbelievably uncomfortable or makes you feel self-conscious. If you are comfortable with yourself, you’re sure to enjoy the party! 





photos via littlewoods
by Tereza

48 comments:

  1. Are all these gorgeous dresses really from Littlewoods? Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ΟΗ, those dresses are gorgeous.

    From Paris with love!
    Kristina recently posted.. My hair care routine!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second and third dress are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the pics!
    GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG, WIN A ZARA SHIRT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dresses and great advice!

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com

    XOXO Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love/want so badly the last dress ♥______♥
    and thanks for your advices :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree-comfort is everything! I just brought my Law Ball dress! so excited!

    http://mrmrswalsh.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wooooooooooooooow!!!

    http://chocolateinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great advises!! Thank you for the post!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great advice! I have two events coming up this week that I can't wait to dress up for! That pink high low hem dress is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tereza,
    Beautiful dresses. The first one is my fav.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the 3th one !
    Are you relly working at a street art magazine ?
    I'm rellay interessted ! Wich one is it ?
    Cause I love to see some of them !
    Can't wait to see your answer ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous dresses! Gotta love a bit of sparkle ;)
    Helen, www.soundslikeatrend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. GREAT advice, and perfect picks!!!
    As usual dear, you have excellent taste.
    xx
    justyn
    thoughtsbyapetitebrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG each and every one of them is gorgeous!! If i just was a billionair lol....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't choose one, they are all amazing!
    http://myvintagecurves.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the second dress, beautiful and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post and the green pleated skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree that you have to feel confortable with what you wear! Beautiul dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Reserved makeup is key to looking great for a special occasion. You don't want to overdo it!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  21. very beautiful dresses

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this little "tutorial". and the last dress is a dream *___*

    www.petushs.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/petushs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Tere!!
    I'm back from holidays! (I'd loved more time in the Caribbean, anyway...)
    I love the fluor dress..It's my favourite!

    xx

    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the first dress soo much
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. cool dress :)

    http://www.sweetindigoroad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. i agree with everything, specially with being confortable! because if you're not, it shows!

    ReplyDelete
  27. so cool post! totally agree with you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those dresses are DIVINE!!! I love the white one with all my ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  29. loved your tips and advice! :) it´s true... if you feel comfortable and happy with the way you look, then you will definitely project that outwards :)
    these dresses are to die for! i fell in love with the first one! :D
    XO Jannine
    http://fashionistArg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice tips you have here! And my oh my, I love these dresses, all are divinely beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  31. nice!
    Love,
    www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really like all the detailing on the dresses. Great post - totally my type of rules!

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  33. these are all really beautiful and unique pieces - very different from each other! I want just about all of them - wish I had more occasions I needed them for!!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are great tips and love the photos you selected...the dresses are beyond gorgeous and perfect for special occasions. I think my favourite is the first one....those beautiful tiers! Great post T!
    xo
    Sada
    Dressology HQ

    ReplyDelete
  35. littlewoods has an amazing selection of dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. super post, super blog. let's follow each other! xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the first dress!!! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  38. The orange beaded one is a bit 1920s flapper - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the second outfit looks like a Korean Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  40. pretty much every dress is to die-for. But the first dusty pink one with sequins and the ivory ones are simply gorgeous.

    Olya
    www.livingnotesfromnyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. such pretty dresses! And it's absolutely right that you have to feel comfortable with what you're wearing.

    IVANITAS

    ReplyDelete
  42. I felt in love the last dress, It's sooooo ADORABLE!!!!!

    http://artsfashionmix.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  43. great posts love all of the dresses!

    xoxo
    P&P

    ReplyDelete
  44. Special occasion dresses

    I would like to say that this blog really convinced me, you give me best information! Thanks, very good post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much, you know I appreciate every message.