Tuesday, November 20, 2012

SCHOOL UNIFORMS from JAPAN


Hello Drastic Plastic readers, Barbara here! How have you been, how are you dealing with the beginning of the cold season?
I came back from Japan just a couple of days ago, where I went to exhibit my works at Design Festa. Now I am here, fresh of jet leg (12 hours by flight and 8 hours time difference are not joke!), typing for you about Japanese School uniforms. In Italy, where I live and grew up, when going to school we wear everyday clothes so I often dreamt of the cute, fashionable uniforms and bento boxes that where introduced in the Japanese animation shows of my childhood. Wikipedia got a quite resourceful page about the Japanese School Uniform if you are curious to read about it. I also found a couple of  interesting articles on They Didn't! and Danny Choo.
As for me, I took the liberty to share a couple of shoots of students I run into when I was wondering around Tokyo.
Happy November!



17 comments:

  1. I love these school uniforms. I bet japan was amazing!!!

    It has been awhile since I've posted or done a youtube video so please give me a lovely comment on my blog :) it would mean the world to me
    http://mrmrswalsh.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/returning-back.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the uniforms in Japan!!! great post! :""">

    xoxo,
    Rae :3
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the uniforms very interesting and very traditional.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I was the only one in high school who wanted to wear uniforms!! Gossip girl made me want them even more! lol BTW, I have a new outfit post@

    Thanks for always supporting!
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love school uniforms. I wish SO BADLY that I could've gone to a uniformed school, but I never did! It always looked so chic..hehe =).


    <3Jo of thelittledandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So different from my uniform in the States!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos! I want to travel to Japan one day! It's on my bucket list of things to do and places to go ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh thank you for these photos! So nice to have a sneak pick into the daily life.
    I am not a huge fan of cold weather either, but I think the trick is to wear the right clothes. Once the wardrobe is sorted the weather suddenly seems a lot nicer, too, rain or shine. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi i find your blog interesting :) so i am following you now :) id appreciate if you follow back :)
    x♥x♥
    The Girl with the Muji Hat

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are in Japan, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh So jealous. Enjoy and take plenty photos.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! I love hearing an outsiders perspective on different cultures. I wish kids here (in California) wore uniform. I actually really like them! Lol
    I hope all is well. I look forward to seeing/hearing more from you!

    Beijos!

    Eusouperlinha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome!! You lucky duck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much, you know I appreciate every message.