Wednesday, January 16, 2013

CUT & PASTE with BARBARA



*Today I have a really nice guest post from Barbara, enjoy!

New year comes, new ideas do too. I am currently renovating my studio space and these days I often look around for inspiration. Doing that, I did realized that  I never spoke about anything remotely near to my tastes of contemporary fashion and interior design before on these pages. On my blog I don't speak about fashion, styling and interior design. Thought I love such arguments, I don't feel confident enough to speak about them with such experts as Drastic Plastic author and readers are. In my humble way, I'll share something I feel in love with a long time ago and that may turns out to be helpful to your fashionista ideas when you deal with styling, accessories or photo shoots.

The object in question is called Washi Tape and it's literally a tape made with washi, a style of Japanese rice paper. This idea was first introduced in 2006 , when a group of artists approached a Japanese tape manufacturer, Kamoi Kakoshi, and handed a book with their Art created using tapes by the said company. Later washi tape  quickly  became a trend well-known all over the planet.

Washi tape is a terrific object because you can use it for many decorating purposes, be it for your accessories, your interior décor or Art. It got a practical side, you can use it on surfaces like papers and such and take it off without ruining them. I found this to be really amazing. There is a huge collection of washi tapes around and it's really fun shopping.
Amazing shops can be found on Etsy, but places like Cute Tape and Hey Kessy are definitely worth mentioning. 

If you are looking for some Washi Tape Inspirations (they can help you create some unique gift for friends and family!), places like Scraphacker share amazing ideas. Just google out for it!




28 comments:

  1. Oh so gorgeous,honey!!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to use tape more, thank's for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tereza,
    This tapes are so cute!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! really beautiful and inspirational!!
    kisses
    xxx sharingthepointofiew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great tips!!!

    Lots of kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! You can do many thing with the tapes!

    Thank you for your lovely comment!
    http://www.asilosofy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is one fab little item to discover! Thank you for telling me about it. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. T, weird. When I first started reading Barbara's words, I thought they were yours! But the more I read, the more I thought, this doesn't sound like Tereza!

    Funny, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh this is definitely interesting. I am acquiring Tereza's personality!
      Words aside, I hope that you enjoyed the post. Thank you for reading :)

      XX Barbara XX

      Delete
  9. So much can be done with this! love the variety being sold-I saw a few while visiting Micheal's Art Supply- but they only had Halloween themes :( should go back and check out what they have- thanks for the reminder!
    http://natgal77.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nat! If you are into online shopping, try on Etsy, they do have an amazing collection and sometime they do have great sales! Thank you for reading my article!

      Sincerely,

      Barbara

      Delete
  10. i love all of this!! i need to get on the tape bandwagon

    xo the egg out west.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE THESE!!! OMG how pretty!!! love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great inspiration and love the use of the tape idea. Thanks for sharing.

    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great idea! I love the pretty tape.

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seen this tape around but never thought of it much. Really impressive. Will visit her blog too.
    Www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello PAPS! I understand your feeling,at first I didn't think myself washi tape to be so useful. Now I can't live without it :) Thank you for reading!

      Sincerely,

      Barbara

      Delete
  15. stop....this post is too awesome! I love this idea!

    Couture Caddy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really cool! I just started hearing about washi tape. I want some!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much, you know I appreciate every message.