Friday, February 15, 2013

VALENTINE'S DAY ON THE 15TH



Because of my crazy, fun and busy life I didn't realize that yesterday was V-day, that is why today I have a guest post from Barbara over at Momographica.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine has been a thorn in my side in ages. I am quite aware this is not the best introduction for a Happy Valentine post, still I prefer to be honest with you. I don't have a significant other at the moment neither particular happy memories tied to this festivity. But there is something that even I appreciate on February 14th and that thing is the tradition of gifting loved ones with chocolate.
In the last couple of years local bakeries and patisseries turned creative in this little town of mine and shop windows became filled with beautifully Valentine themed crafted boxes . As a graphic designer, I can't help but appreciating a good job on packaging and this time of the year seems to get people to be very innovative. Now that cup cakes and cake décor businesses are doing great in this part of Italy, I can barely wait to see what's going on this time.
I have one single good memory from Valentine and it was a gift I got from a Japanese friend, who sent me a delightful chocolate box from a famous shop in Tokyo. She knew about my interest for good design and she picked up wonderful crafted chocolate,shaped like tiny peonies. That was many years ago so the chocolate is long gone, but you can find tons of such examples if you google for it.
This monthly post main point was to share with you some good reference where you can find ideas for your Valentine gift. I think men always appreciate good food and there is nothing more valuable than a handmade gift, isn't it?






39 comments:

  1. Oh yes,
    I am also loving the packaging for Valentine's gift items
    especially for sweet and chocolates.
    Love your images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentine's day is every day!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This images are so beautiful!!

    Have a nice weekend!
    The Spotted Cherry Pie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tereza,
    Beautiful pics.
    Happy V day, lately...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 love it!

    we were comercial and do it yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pictures. happy valentine's day on the 15th!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photos...have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pics and great inspo! Happy holiday:)

    Check out my blog: http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice pics. Have a great friday.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. how sweet of her to keep you in mind on a holiday you don't particularly enjoy! receiving a box of chocolates is ALWAYS an upper! happy post-valentines day girl!

    xo,Taylor
    iLikeMyClothesTaylored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE that lamp, but more so those red tights with the gold heels.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so romantic!!!
    I want to see all movies like PS I LOVE U, THE NOTEBOOK, LOVE IN LAS VEGAS...and more!
    Love the photos!!

    Kisses

    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello just met your blog and have loved since I follow you and if you want you can go to see mine and follow me thank you very much a kiss.
    fashionismylifeestefania.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos are SUPER CUTE!! Happy Valentines Day hun <3


    Xo,
    Beatrice
    www.sacosha.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Que linda a terceira foto!
    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post ! :D

    xo ,
    Ana Catalarrana
    http://Sinbowtie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! Really darling photos here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so agree that there is nothing better than handmade gift. Super guess post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures! Happy valentines day ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these photos, but is it wrong I couldn't help but think some of the hearts in the last picture were /bloody/?!
    Adorable dog in another! Dogs make everything better. Happy Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello there sweetie! Thanks for the lovely comment over my blog, it means a lot to me!
    I love this post and the pics on it (not mentioning the recipes I found out from the sites you suggested)
    To be honest I don't believe in the Valentine Day, I think it's the stupidest day ever : y does someone show the BIG love they share for each other in only one day by buying lots of gifts and saying how much they love the person on their side. They're suppose to do that every day with little gifts and surprises, by bringing the smiles in the face etc. Anyway I love the sweet couples and pics on this post <3

    Come and check my new photo-shoot and others to come ! Special and different one <3

    Follow my blog on Facebook(it would mean a lot) : http://www.facebook.com/KikisBookOfDreams

    Hope to hear again from you!

    Hope you're having a great day!
    http://kikisbookofdreams.blogspot.com/

    xoxo Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the last photo! Everything in this post is adorable, especially the couple on the bench.

    www.pinsneedlesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. hello :) do you want to follow each other?
    xo

    http://chicroute.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely pics dear!!! Baci Lucy www.tpinkcarpet.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing!!! and those pics are absolutely adorable and romantic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the large polkadot tights! Happy Belated Vday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Drastic...

    I love this post! Excellent!

    http://simplysassysstyle.blogspot.com/

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  28. Been a while since I have been blog reading, but really love these photo you shared! Always love spending some time reading thru your posts! <3 Brande

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much, you know I appreciate every message.