Monday, June 10, 2013

GUEST POST - ROBYN from WHATS HANGING


top - RW&Co.; skirt - Old Navy; shoes - Aldo; earrings - White Ocean Gallery


1. What inspired you to start blogging? 
I am a part-time student in the Marketing Management – Professional Sales Option program at a local technology institute and am a Sales Rep for an engineering firm that designs and manufactures chargers for electric vehicles (that’s a mouthful!). As you can probably imagine, my job is quite technical which is why blogging has become such a great outlet for me. Anyone that knows me knows that I have a love for fashion and finding a great deal so when one of my professors mentioned that I have a creative outlet, my mind went right to all those Vancouver bloggers that I had been following. I started avidly researching and reading more and more blogs until one day I finally felt comfortable enough to start my own. My life & style blog covers a range of topics from my daily style, travel, upcoming sales and events around Vancouver, and my French Bulldog, Gnarly.  


2. Describe your style.
I like to think my style is quite classic with a bit of modern flare. I sometimes worry that I wear too much black but overall am quite comfortable with my sense of style. It is easy to stand out in crazy colors or wild prints but it takes some skill to stand out in an all-black ensemble or everyday office appropriate attire.

3. Favorite places to shop?
The usual’s - Zara, Forever 21, H&M, RW&Co., Mexx, Old Navy, The Bay, Winners. There is also this great little consignment boutique, La Petite Boutique, in my neighborhood that I check out often and have found some great pieces here.  There are a lot of Vancouver shops and boutiques around the city too that I try to make a habit of checking out once in a while. These are great places to find party dresses and one of a kind pieces.


4. How do you juggle between full-time work, schoolwork, finding the time to blog and being a pet owner?
I definitely have to juggle everything that’s for sure. My main priorities are work, school and taking care of my frenchie, Gnarly. I am very lucky that my work allows dogs in the office so Gnarly’s second home is under my desk. I am also very lucky that my work pays for most of my schooling and therefore is quite flexible on allowing me to take day or evening classes, whatever works with my schedule at the time. As for blogging, I try to set aside one evening a week, usually Sunday or Monday nights, to prepare for the week. My amazing boyfriend helps out a lot too snapping pics for me on our way out to the dog park, a friend’s house, dinner or wherever else we might be headed.

5. Favorite trends of this season?
My favorite trend right now is STRIPES! I am loving the long striped maxi dresses, striped skirts, striped tee’s, etc. It’s something that can easily be dressed up or down and pretty much anyone of any size can wear.  I also love how sequins are being coordinated into everyday wear; it’s so fun to add a little sparkle to your everyday attire. This pretty much describes my outfit in today’s pictures, stripes and sequins which was totally unintentional. 


6. What do you love most about living in Vancouver?
The great thing about this city is that there are so many outdoorsy things to do in and around Vancouver – hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, skiing/snowboarding, rock climbing, the list is pretty much endless – there is always something to do or going on here. We are fairly active people so this city really suits our lifestyle plus I love living near the ocean. The only thing that would make Vancouver better is if it rained a little less.

7. Dream career and dream city?
It’s not a city but I do have a dream of where I would like to live one day. I would LOVE to live in one of the little beach towns (Huntington, Newport, Laguna) along the Pacific Coast Highway in California and open up a little clothing boutique.


8. Tell us about your French Bulldog, Gnarly.
Oh Gnarly… he is my baby. I could go on for days about him. I am the epitome of the crazy dog lady for sure. Gnarly has a huge personality for such a little guy and he definitely knows he is adorable. We call him our “little celebrity”. We can’t go anywhere with him without being stopped and asked all about him or having his picture taken. I can’t imagine life without him. He makes us smile every single day and I just love him to pieces.


10 comments:

  1. She's soo adorable! :))
    www.loveandelegance.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics and your look. Great day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Gnarly is a hoot! Sooo adorable! I have that same skirt (different color) and wear it constantly!

    <3becky
    www.loosefromthezoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! It is my fave skirt right now, so stretchy and comfy!

      Robyn xo

      Delete
  4. Love the outfit and the dog. Very cute!!

    www.delabellesbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She look really pretty! Love the skirt!

    http://simplysassysstyle.blogspot.com/

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Tereza! i just came over from Robyn's space to check out her guest post and what a stellar outfit it is too!! love the pencil skirt on you girl, definitely fits your awesome silhouette to a t. getting to hear about your blogging inspirations and motivation is great too, plus i always adore anything that has a Gnarly inclusion :) makes me smile for sure!

    wonderful collabz - meet you in Laguna? i'd move there in a split second but Van is always a beautiful place to live (minus the rainfall *you're right*). ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn. I am in love with this skirt right now. Best $9.99 I ever spent! haha.

      Robyn xo

      Delete

Thank you so much, you know I appreciate every message.